The ability to hear clearly may be taken for granted at times, but it is an essential part of a healthy quality of life. Check out these resources for information on how hearing loss happens, how you can prevent it, and what you can do if you are in need of help.
- For a general look at the causes of hearing loss, Hear-It.org has some easy-to-understand information.
- Hearing aids are the most common form of hearing loss treatment. The Mayo Clinic outlines the different types and styles of hearing aids available.
- If you would like to know more about the anatomy of the ear, the Hearing Health Foundation has a thorough explanation of both the ear’s anatomy and how the hearing process works on a biological level.
- The American Academy of Family Physicians offers some general advice for how to prevent hearing loss.
- To learn more about hearing aid technology, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association discusses the state of digital hearing aids.
To learn even more about ear health and hearing loss, contact Dunshaw Hearing Aid Centers at (888) 903-6717. Our professional staff offers the best in audiological services and technology in the New York area.