According to an article published by Men’s Health, without proper treatment hearing loss could possibly lead to other health related problems. These problems can include: dementia, withdrawal from social environments, and the inability to obtain information audibly that is important for cognition.
Men’s Health gives some tips on keeping your hearing abilities up to par:
- Have your hearing tested at least once after age 50, and consider screening every 2 years.
- Seek an immediate evaluation for hearing loss that develops suddenly.
- See your doctor if you’re losing some hearing to rule out medical causes (e.g. earwax build up).
- Consult an audiologist to discuss hearing aids to further improve your hearing.
- Make sure you have the best eyeglass prescription so you’re not missing any visual cues needed for communication.
Overall, diagnosing a hearing loss problem in its early stages is ideal. Getting a comprehensive hearing exam by a certified audiologist can increase the overall quality of life for those that are suffering from hearing loss. Let the expert audiologists at New York City’s Dunshaw Hearing Aid Centers provide you with the highest level of quality and professional service. From your initial free consultation, our audiologists will walk you through the entire process, from testing to selecting the appropriate hearing aid most suited to your unique lifestyle and hearing needs. For more information about Dunshaw Hearing Aid Centers visit our website or give us a call at (888) 903-6717.